Thursday, March 18, 2010

Fine Wine

I love to entertain at my home, so I always make sure to have a variety of wines on hand for last minute guest or quick dinners with friends.




Wine in a bottle is a living thing. The effects of time cause gradual changes in its flavors. Variation in temperature is its enemy, so proper storage is a fundamental product need. Some basic principles in storage will go far to enhance your enjoyment of wine. Once you have purchased wine, whether it's a few bottles or several cases, you need to address the issue of storage.
Keep the bottles stored so that:

•the bottle is on its side so the cork stays moist
•the wines are at the lowest stable temperature possible
•the location is free of vibration
•the location is not a storage area for other items that have a strong odor
Refrain from placing your rack on top of the refrigerator. Your refrigerator is hot, close to the light and vibrates from the refrigerator compressor.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for dropping by luxe life and for the lovely compliment. I think everyone who knows me is thrilled that I'm out of sweat pants. Good stuff here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erica thank you for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower. I look forward to reading your blogs and hearing your comment on my blogs. I love interior design with a passion and appreciate comments or advice on how to make my home/environment a beautiful place of comfort.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails