Friday, June 18, 2010

Summer Living



     School has been out for two weeks now and I am finally setting into enjoying the summer.  One of my motivations for becoming a school teacher was to be able to spend the summer with my children and to be able to support my family.  It's tough for many of us to be stay-at-home-moms on one income.  The next best thing was to work when the kids were at school and have vacations when they had vacations. PERFECT!  Now that my girls are all grown up, they don't need me as much, so now I have lots of time for myself - scrapbooking, gardening, baking, BLOGGING, SHOPPING and EXERCISING!!! I am looking forward to a perfect summer - even though we won't be at the beach (thanks BP) - I'm sure there will be lots of other fun things to do.

The photo of my daughter was taken after the last day of finals at Sam Houston State University.  They headed straight to the beach (about 1 week before the BP disaster).


2 comments:

  1. Your summer plans sound perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having summers off is one thing about being a teacher that's gotta be awesome. I've never had the patience to teach, though there are many teachers in my family who do.

    My daughter, a sophomore at the University of South Carolina, practically ran home from school as soon as she took her last final. She couldn't get out of Columbia quick enough.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails