Sunday, June 6, 2010

Holy Guacamole - Featuring My Tomato

Okay, so now that my tomato plant has produced so many delicious fruits - there is only one thing to do!!! - It's guacamole time.  My girlfriends and I got together to celebrate the end of another loooong school year - and of course living in Texas - Margaritas had to be a part of the plan.  But margaritas alone just wont do it - so I made some guacamole.  The trick to making really yummy guacamole is adding this seasoning I just recently discovered.  It is made by Goya and I hear it can be added to just about anything and it taste great.  It makes a mean guacamole.

My ingredients for Guacamole -

2 ripe Avacados
1 HOMEGROWN tomato - chopped in chunks (and for all of you people who can't turn the tomato out,  go to the grocers - like I once did - long, long ago - Yeah right!)
1/2 a small yellow onion - chopped in chunks
A squeeze of fresh lemon juice
One packet of the Goya seasoning mix

Mix all of the ingredients together and enjoy with pita chips.  YUMMY!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by! I have to admit that my teaching career and graduating senior have kept me quite busy so my blog has been "on vacation" lately. Hopefully this summer I will be better about posting since I have a long list of things to I'd like to accomplish. Enjoy you're time off...I know I need it!!! By the way, your guacamole recipe with homegrown tomatoes sounds delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks very delicious. I love growing my own tomatoes, too. Am sure your Holy Guacamole was quite toothsome, too;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so delicious. I am addicted to guacamole.

    xx
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails