Monday, May 31, 2010

I'm Baaaacccckkkk!

I'm back and very happy to know that someone missed me.  The end of the school year is always stressful for teachers.  We have state testing (ridiculous), district benchmarks (not-so-ridiculous), and grades and books and parent phone calls.  Okay, so it's over now, I can stop the ranting.  But I have been keeping myself busy with growing tomatoes.  Yes, I have been nursing a tomato plant.  Can't beleive it myself!!  From start to finish here are the photos.  I even purchased one of those Topsy Turvy contraptions. 

After a couple of weeks I moved the plant to the Topsy Turvy.  Wish I had a video camera for that!
The most exciting part for me was when the tomatoes started turning red!!  This gardening project was so relaxing for me and took my mind off my job!

And then there was the taste-test.  Yummy.  I think I am now officially a tomato-grower.

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome, Deborah! We can never get our tomatoes to grow, even in the topsy turvy! You are so lucky, and I agree, gardening is so relaxing (I know teaching can be super stressful!). XO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you did it!! You actually grew some tomatos and are eating the fruit of your labor. How great is that. Guess those topsy turvy things work.

    Okay you've inspired me. Thanks!

    Haup
    http://hauplight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love tomatoes - made some tomatoe soup last week. I, too, grow my own tomatoes fresh from my garden in Germany, but I do not have that treat in Paris where I spend half of my time. So I really appreciate gorging on fresh tomatoes when in Germany;-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails